The massage Shantala is a massage specifically for babies that allows for the strengthening of the affective ties between parents and the baby. But there’s more!
The massage Shantala is a massage technique of ancient origin in India.
It was, however, the French obstetrician Frederick Leboyer who discovered it and brought it to the west. A journey through India, Leboyer saw a woman massaging her baby and asked her permission for the shooting.
She did it every day, trying to portray the love that via be passed by the mother to her child. The woman was called Shantala, and thus he was called the massage also.
8 BENEFITS OF MASSAGE SHANTALA
The massage Shantala brings various benefits to the baby and, consequently, to the parents.
- It is relaxing, because it releases the tension accumulated;
- Improves the mood of the baby;
- Stimulates the gastrointestinal tract;
- Avoids and prevents cramps, constipation and insomnia;
- Favors the breathing, facilitating the elimination of toxins;
- Stimulates blood flow and increases the oxygenation of the tissues;
- Contribute to the development of psychomotor, developing in the baby awareness of their body in space;
- Contributes to the strengthening of the affective ties between mother or father and the baby.
MASSAGE SHANTALA: STEP-BY-STEP
The massage should be done every day, at the same time, always in a calm environment. Preferably, the average light and with a relaxing music in the background environment. It is important that it is made up, at least 30 minutes after the baby nursed and 1 hour after, if he drink a bottle, to prevent regurgite.
However, if your baby is constipated, sick with the flu, fever or other symptoms, you should stop the massage until you recover.
15 STEPS TO DO A MASSAGE SHANTALA
In massage Shantala, the movements must always be performed in the direction from inside to outside, from bottom to top, or from the center to the ends. Always start at the left side and finish on the right side because this is the sense of the energy of our body. Each of the movements described below should be repeated between 3 to 10 times.
- Start the massage by breast by sliding your hands from the center to the sides;
- Place the hands on the hip of the baby, climb on the trunk, as you move the hands in small undulations, alternately. The first hand comes out of the left side of the hip up to right shoulder, then the other hand goes out of the right side toward the left shoulder;
- Turn the baby side and massage his little arms. then hold the shoulder with one hand, the wrist with the other and slide it, closed, in the sense of the shoulder to the wrist. Then repeat the movement with the two hands, in the same sense. It is as if it were a screw, with a hand in the opposite direction of the other;
- Before passing to another the spleen, massage the baby’s hand with your thumbs and alonge your little. Fold each of them back, carefully, as if it were the same elongation;
- With your hands, go through the side of the baby, from the ribs to the hips, with the hands cupped, facing outwards, or, so, hold the legs up and do the same motion with the forearm;
- With the hand, wrap the leg of the baby, forming an arch, and then follow the crotch to the ankle, alternating hands;
- With both hands, do the movements, spinner, goes and comes, from the groin to the ankle, when this, insist a little bit to stimulate the circulation;
- Move the thumbs from the center of the foot up to the toes and slide your whole hand by the feet of the baby. Then, always starting by the thumb, hold each finger and massage the tip of each one of them. Do the same in the leg and right foot;
- Now, turn the baby on their back, placing it perpendicular to your legs, with the head facing your left side. Place your hands splayed and make movements come and go, from the nape of the neck to the rabiosque and re-climb;
- With your right hand in the rabiosque of the baby, slide the left hand with the thumb open, from the neck to the rabiosque;
- Place the baby in the initial position, pinch your fingers together on the center of the forehead, and make a semi-circle, around each eye. Return to the forehead, make another semicircle in the direction of the apples of your cheeks. In the end, make semicircles up to the chin;
- With the thumbs, the climb from the base of the nose to the center of the forehead, and return, a movement of goes and comes;
- Hold the baby’s hands, open your arms and close, crossing them so as to switch the arm that is over the top. This movement improves breathing and relieves tension in the back;
- Cross the legs of the baby in the lotus position and bring it toward the belly. Switch;
- Finally, if possible, finish the massage with a bath.
Photo Shantala babies – 1 of 5 – D
ESTABLISHING THE OPEN HEART: Shantala Massage Technique
7 beneficios da Shantala
Atelier bien être près de Montpellier, Hérault (34)
Dreumeland | Utrecht | baby | massage| babymassage
Massagens para bebês: A técnica shantala
Onde está o manual?: Massagem Shantala (continuação)
Shantala: vídeo mostra como fazer a massagem no seu bebê …
Conseils pour maman : grossesse, bébé, enfant, ado et famille
Shantala, afeto em forma de massagem
1000+ images about Baby Massage on Pinterest
Massage Bébé Shantala IdF La Fée bien-être (Site Officiel)
masajes para bebs shantala un h 225 bito que os une masaje …
KURS MASAŻU SHANTALA – Żłobek TUPTUSIE
Shantala: conheça a massagem que pode ajudar a diminuir …
Photo Shantala babies – 3 of 5 – D
Shantala: 5 benefícios que a massagem traz para os bebês …