Frantiskovy Lazne is the third most important medical resort in the Czech Republic, located 180 km from Prague near the border with Germany. Having acquired a powerful tourist infrastructure and many modern medical centers, it has managed to miraculously preserve the unique atmosphere of the early 20th century: buildings of the neoclassical era are buried here in the greenery of parks. In addition, the resort is famous for its rich cultural traditions: Beethoven, Goethe, Schiller rested and treated here at different times. The symbol of Frantiskovy Lazne is a bronze sculpture of the boy Franciszek, located in the historic center of the city. Check jibin123 for customs regulations and visa requirements of Czech Republic.
Of course, there was also an accompanying legend, according to which, having touched this symbol of fertility, a woman experiencing difficulties with childbearing will soon become a mother. It is possible, however, that this belief is not so unfounded, because the main specialization of the resort is gynecological diseases.
Complex spa treatment includes treatment in sanatoriums, as well as in the spas Lazne I, Lazne II and Lazne III.
How to get there
Flight to Karlovy Vary, then 30-40 minutes by taxi (about 40 EUR). Prague is 180 km from here.
Frantiskovy Lazne Hotels
The sanatorium and hotel base in Frantiskovy Lazne is modest in quantity, but outstanding in quality. The resort has only a dozen sanatoriums and hotels, but in their first-class clinics they successfully defeat an impressive list of diseases.
Going to a sanatorium treatment, it is wiser to forget about “all-inclusive” and tune in to dietary nutrition under the strict guidance of a nutritionist.
Indications for spa treatment
Springs rich in alkaline and sulfuric mineral water, ferrous therapeutic mud and natural gas are used in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, musculoskeletal disorders, gynecological diseases and infertility, as well as in the rehabilitation of patients who have suffered heart attacks.
- diseases of the cardiovascular system: ischemic heart disease, heart failure, post-infarction condition
- gynecological diseases: adnexitis, metritis, inflammatory diseases of the external genitalia, menopausal problems, conditions after gynecological operations, infertility treatment, pediatric gynecological diseases
- hypertonic disease
- diseases of the musculoskeletal system: metabolic diseases with damage to the joints, vertebral algic syndrome (back pain), painful functional disorders of the spine, post-traumatic conditions of the musculoskeletal system and conditions after orthopedic operations, deforming arthrosis, arthritis without inflammation, juvenile scoliosis, rheumatism (in including children) and its consequences
- metabolic disorders and endocrine glands: obesity, gout, constipation, diabetes mellitus, hyperlipoproteinemia.
- cardiovascular diseases in a state of decompensation
- benign and malignant tumors
- active tuberculosis
- infectious diseases during exacerbation
- Frantiskovy Lazne Map
Healing springs Frantiskovy Lazne
In Frantiskovy Lazne, 21 springs of mineral water with a high content of carbon dioxide come to the surface. Some of the springs are used for medicinal purposes for bathing and drinking, the average water temperature in them is 9..11 °C. Additionally, dry gas is used for medicinal purposes, which is used for gas injections, as well as sulfuric-ferruginous mud, which is used for mud baths. Mineral springs of the resort:
- The Františka spring is used for general weakness, in the process of convalescence and for mild digestive disorders.
- The Cartelieri spring is recommended for appetite disorders, mild gastric catarrhs and for therapeutic baths.
- The glandular spring – its pleasant-tasting water is taken during convalescence, with exhaustion and anemia
- The salt spring is used for chronic catarrhs of the upper respiratory tract, for rinsing and inhalation, for gout and stones.
- Meadow spring is effective in the treatment of diseases of the gallbladder, stomach and intestines
- A new source is prescribed for patients with anemia, childbirth, blood loss, during the recovery period
- Spring Sophia is prescribed for diseases of the kidneys and bladder
- Spring Natalia is used for diseases of the kidneys and bladder
- Pagliardi’s spring is recommended for mild stomach catarrhs and appetite disorders.
- Source Glauber-1 has a mild laxative effect, is used for catarrhs of the stomach and intestines
- Source Glauber-2 has an effect similar to Glauber-1, but weaker
- The Glauber-3 source, on the contrary, has a significant laxative effect and is used for constipation.
- Glauber-4 source with a high content of Glauber’s salt has a strong laxative effect
- The solar spring has a slight laxative effect, it is used for mild catarrhs of the digestive system.
- The spring of Stanislav (Peace) has a mild laxative effect, is used for drinking cures and baths.
Basic methods and features of treatment
The main type of medical procedures at the resort is drinking cure. To achieve the maximum effect of the treatment, mud baths, mud applications and mud vaginal tampons are also actively used. This specific treatment promotes local improvement of blood circulation, resorption of adhesions, postoperative scars, has an anti-inflammatory effect and stimulates the reproductive functions of a woman.
List of medical procedures:
- different types of baths: aromatic, whirlpool, pearl, oxygen, radon, carbonic, dry carbonic
- geriatric treatment
- gerovital treatment
- mud therapy: mud envelope, mud vaginal tampons
- sharko shower
- irrigation (irrigation)
- laser therapy
- therapeutic gymnastics in the pool and in the gym
- lymphatic drainage
- paraffin wraps
- pneumopuncture (gas injections)
- various types of massages: underwater, reflex
- bowel lavage
- phototherapy: bioptron, solux, “mountain sun”
- spinal traction
The standard treatment program usually includes:
- primary, control and final medical examinations
- laboratory tests (their volume depends on the patient’s condition)
- drinking course
- diet food
- 2-3 procedures daily (one main and 2-3 auxiliary).
The list of specific medical procedures may vary depending on the spa hotel. The recommended duration of treatment is at least two weeks, the optimal result is achieved with a three-week course.
Entertainment and attractions Frantiskovy Lazne
Volcano Komorni gurka, excursion trail through peat bogs, zoological station. “America”, Zhirovice – “moth farm” (greenhouse with a unique collection of tropical moths). Seeberg (Cape) – originally a Romanesque medieval fortress, rebuilt into a castle in the Renaissance style, a museum with an exposition “Cheb province of the XIX century”, the Catholic Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, the Orthodox Church of St. Olga, the Evangelical Church.
Fitness centers, solarium, Aquaforum water amusement park, mini golf course, tennis courts, bike rental, theatre, cinema, library and museum. In the vicinity of the city there are specially designated places for fishing enthusiasts. It is also worth visiting the Soos National Nature Reserve with mud volcanoes.
In May, Frantiskovy Lazne hosts the Elegance of Historical Cars competition, in September the Strauss Festival, and in July-August the resort hosts the Musical Summer.