In July 2009, there is a 0 measurement is made by the talented young handball players in the age 11/17 years for height and weight after exercise. The group consisted of 35 people. During this measurement, height and weight were determined. With these two tasks, the body mass index calculated.
Body Mass Index
Body mass index, abbreviated to BMI is a calculation divided by height in meters squared), with which the ratio between the length and weight of the body is determined. This condition says something about the health of the body. If the result of guidelines calculating BMI is known, it is compared and can indicate whether there is a healthy weight, underweight or overweight.
Body mass index for boys, girls of different age groups
Handball below are divided into groups. Boys and girls are separated. This is because there are different guidelines for girls than for boys. Age is also important that the guidelines on BMI. Since there was a high difference in the ages of this group of girls, the girls split into three groups.
BMI does not tell you in all cases or weight equivalent length. Think of bodybuilders, these athletes often have a higher weight because of their muscle mass, ie muscle is heavier than fat. This would, based on BMI bodybuilder in the category of better health ?? s. But because of the low percentage of fat they do not belong in this category.Therefore, it is important to do a body fat measurement to give an accurate assessment of the weight of the athlete. This is also true for younger athletes.
- It can be concluded that the average BMI groups of talented young handball players within the age guidelines.
- When the BMI of the youngest girls 11 t / m 13 years, the average fine in the middle of healthy weight. Further, no details in this group
- When the BMI of the girls in the 14 to 15 years, average BMI at the top of healthy weight. In this group there are also major differences. There are three girls whose BMI is higher than the recommended upper limit.
- When the BMI of the oldest girls 16 and 17 years, the average BMI also just on top of healthy weight. Besides, no details of this group.
- When BMI boys aged 13 to 15 years, BMI nicely in the middle of healthy weight. In this group are above recommended a boy with a higher BMI.
The size of this study, namely 35, will be reliable conclusions about the entire group of talented young handball preferred. In addition, all athletes step on the same scale and under the same band. Additionally, all measurements are made after every workout.
- Athletes weigh in the morning. After visiting the toilet, but for breakfast.
- One conclusion of the subgroup is not in place, because the group is too small. One conclusion of the whole group is representative.
BMI Guidelines in the Netherlands
Body Mass Index among boys
Body Mass Index among girls
Accurate Body Fat Measurement
Body Mass Index Calculator And BMI Reliability Analysis
Body Mass Index (BMI) Method is Flawed measure of Health …
Body Fat Percentage Comparisons For Men & Women
The BMI Formula, understanding the Body Mass Index
Body Fat Scales
Why B.M.I. Should be Outlawed!
How to Correctly Calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI …
Health and Fitness Self Assessment – MATHIAS METHOD™
Obesity in European Children
Meaningful Use: Method in the Madness?
Measurement of obesity
A New Potential Replacement for Body Mass Index …
Diabetes Case Study Yelena Tkachenko Farin Farahzadi …
BMI Body Mass Index Retractable Tape Measure & Calculator …
Find Your BMI or Waist Circumference
Buy essay online cheap application of number
Do you really know what your kid’s ideal weight is …
Module 3: Pediatric Nutritional Assessment