Routines are fundamental in the lives of infants and children and should be started as early as possible. We clarify the importance of schedules since baby and the best way to do it, to create habits.
The word routine can automatically refer to obligations and monotony, but it does not necessarily have to be so, especially when we speak of infants and children. The importance of schedules since baby is unquestionable, because without this routine the day-to-day can turn into a real chaos.
If for the adults the routine can be little stimulating, for the emotional and social development of infants and children is fundamental.
THE IMPORTANCE OF SCHEDULES SINCE BABY: ADVANTAGES
From birth, your baby needs to recognize that some rituals are part of your life and the life of your family.
Schedules become even more important when we talk about vital activities for a baby or a child: sleep , food, and the bath .
It’s easy to see the sheer magnitude of the importance of schedules since baby and how much the lack of routines can destabilize a child: which the father who never felt that his son was more upset and annoyed for not having slept well in the weekend due to changing schedules? None!
The repetition of activities, always at the same time, guarantees the child a sense of security, and allows them to always know what will happen. This sense of security calms and reassures the child.
Routines also provide a sense of continuity and stability, essential characteristics for healthy development.
Moreover, they can be an important basis for early learning, creating opportunities for understanding the workings of the world.
Having fixed schedules helps the child understand the notion of time and sense of order.
Finally, family rituals contribute to family harmony and strengthening family bond and sense of belonging: birthday parties; Christmas; family vacation; weekend lunches at grandmas’ house.
WHEN TO START THE ROUTINES?
Setting and completing routines has more advantages the sooner you start.
In the first few weeks of a baby’s life, even if they do not do so, important routines begin to be defined: breastfeeding; the naps; diaper changes; the bath.
Of course in the first months everything seems to be turned inside out, but as the baby grows, he will get used to the routines and warn, through the crying , that it is time for a feeding or a nap.
In the second trimester of the baby will feel that the routines are already established and that it is already easier to follow them.
Henceforth, it is time to integrate into the routine schedules for new and more complex activities: games, conversations, the first steps, and so on.
HOW TO PLAN ACTIVITIES AND MEET SCHEDULES
Now that we understand the importance of schedules since baby remains to leave some tips on how best to do:
- Define your child’s routines and schedules based on feeding, bath and sleep schedules: you will be able to fit in the remaining activities for the rest of the time;
- Create a table with the main schedules and paste it at home in a visible place: later you will not need to use the table, because the activities and the schedules will become part of your family routine;
- Put in the table the schedules of all the family members, not just your youngest child: they are trying to define the routine of the house, in order to facilitate the daily life of all elements of the family;
- Do not blame yourself or be anxious if delays happen: delays happen to all of us and are absolutely normal; to prevent this from happening always schedule some interval time between the different activities;
- Do not be discouraged: it is natural that at the beginning it is difficult to fulfill all plans; with patience, persistence and love the schedules and activities will become an integral part of the family routine.
Why is a Daily Routine Important for Baby Eczema?
Baby Sleep and Daylight Savings (Fall Back) – Smooth …
Printable Baby Schedule Chart To Help Baby Settle Into Routine
Diary of a Fit Mommy: Newborn Schedule + FREE Download
17 Best ideas about Toddler Daily Routines on Pinterest …
25+ best ideas about Daily schedule template on Pinterest …
How to Help Baby Get a Good Sleep? Bedtime Routine is Your …
Your Baby’s Sleep Cheat Sheet
Best 20+ Baby Schedule Printable ideas on Pinterest
Baby Schedule Templates – 9+ Free Word, Excel, PDF Format …
Printable Visual Schedule [for Smoother Mornings!] – Mary …
Mojica midterm- routines and schedules are important …
How to Rock Out a Newborn Schedule
25+ best ideas about Baby Sleep Schedule on Pinterest …
Stay at Home Mom Schedule
Daily Baby Schedule Template ~ Baby Sleep For Me
4 Baby Sleep Schedules That Work
Printable Daily Routine Schedule Template Clipart
47 best images about sequencing on Pinterest
4 Sample Baby Schedules In One Handy Cheat Sheet