Attending a gym with assiduity may be very easy for some people, but considering the huge dropout rate in the first few months of workout, I think most people prefer to exercise their mind.
We are all thirsty for information, emotions, novelties and other things that generate pleasure. Working out and exercising physically also generates some pleasure, but it becomes totally repetitive after a few days or weeks. Maybe this is the biggest problem of staying in a gym, being able to fight boredom – the feeling that you could be doing something better with your time.
One of the possible ways to solve this problem is to take your smartphone to the gym. But what do you listen to or watch during a run on the treadmill or while you practice the bodybuilding exercise series ?
I have at least 4 tips on what to hear at the fitness club:
- Songs and MP3s that you can previously place on your device. Well obvious and most common.
- FM radio from your region
- Internet Radio – it has the disadvantage that it will consume band of your 3G, if it is not an unlimited account. But you can monitor the consumption of 3G , avoiding overcoming the franchise.
- Podcasts: these are the most efficient in the sense of time use. While knit you can choose a subject that is of interest to you and study about it. There are podcasts on just about anything you can think of and great players that make it easy to use while you exercise.
- Audiobooks: Almost as good as podcasts, there are free and paid versions available on the internet on a variety of subjects. In general, it will take you a few days to listen to each audiobook, unlike podcasts that are shorter in duration.
- Language classes: There are hundreds of online courses where you have material that you need to hear several times before practicing. You can perfectly hear while you exercise.
A good player for podcasts and audiobooks is essential to not make the hammering activity even more complicated.
Which of the above do you prefer? Do you use any special apps while you’re at the gym?