Calcium is a mineral that is essential during pregnancy to the baby develop strong bones, a healthy heart, a good teeth, good muscular system, nervous system, finally a good one for all. Limiting calcium intake during pregnancy, your baby will remove the calcium you need to your bones, which later can lead to major health problems like osteoporosis.
It is necessary to intake of 1,000 mg of calcium every day because it is the maximum that the body can absorb a day’s calcium intake should begin before pregnancy and continue during and after the same. During the last 2 trimesters of pregnancy and during breastfeeding, your body will absorb more calcium from food than when you’re not pregnant. Unfortunately, many women do not take calcium necessary. Many women also just rely on calcium intake through supplements, forgetting that in this mineral-rich foods are also very important.
- 1 low-fat yogurt: 414 mg
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds integrals: 88 mg
- 100 grams of cod: 225 mg
- 1 cup of skim milk: 302 mg
- 1 cup of steamed broccoli: 90 mg
- 110 grams of fruit yogurt: 315 mg
- 100 grams of raw broccoli: 400 mg
- 220 grams of cream cheese: 300 mg
- 1 glass of calcium-fortified orange juice: 300 mg
- 2 slices of bread enriched with calcium: 300 mg
- 100 grams of sardines: 300 mg
- 30 ounces of Gruyere cheese: 283 mg
- 100 grams of salmon: 211 mg
- 30 grams of Cheddar cheese: 202 mg
- 120 grams of tofu: 166 mg
- 1/2 cup of turnip greens: 98 mg
- 100 grams of almonds: 254 mg
- 100 grams of white beans kid: 476 mg
- A good multi-vitamin complex prenatal care should include at least between 150 to 200 milligrams of calcium.However, you can also take a calcium supplement.
- Calcium carbonate is the type of calcium most easily absorbed by the body, so it is preferred.
- Always check the label of the add-ins to find out where the amount of calcium for every take.
- Take calcium supplements at mealtimes, help the absorption and is easier to make this take on a routine.The body can only absorb 600 mg at a time, so you will need to take calcium several times a day.
- Make sure to ingest enough vitamin D.Vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium and comes directly from sunlight. However, you can also ingest through a vitamin complex, prenatal multi-vitamin complexes usually contain the recommended dose of this vitamin.The milk contains an addition of vitamin D, the egg whites, and fish such as salmon or tuna are good sources of vitamin d. However, 10 to 15 minutes of Sun daily are also essential for a good dose of vitamin d.
- After all, should always consult the your doctor to prescribe supplements ideal for your case.
Although calcium intake is essential, the exercise is essential to help maintain healthy bones, even a good walk, so if you are pregnant should seek advice with your doctor about the type of exercise for you.